Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:53:47 +0200
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.s@gmx.net>
To:        Manas <bhatt_manas@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [FBSD-Q] Is /tmp cleared on bootup in FreeBSD 4.3

On 27-09-2001 22:56 (-0700), Manas wrote:
> hi,
>   I want to know if /tmp is cleared when the system is
> booted. If not, how do i enable it to that.
> thanks
> -manas

I configured /tmp as a Memory Filesystem, so I'm pretty sure it's empty
after turning off the computer :-)

The /etc/fstab line I have is (4.3-REL):
/dev/ad1s3b	/tmp	mfs	rw,async	0 0

If anyone knows how to specify a maximum size less than total memory,
please tell.

with kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
/ \                  r.j.s@gmx.net                  //  \