Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:07:55 -0300
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Megasoft_Inform=E1tica_=28Natanael=29?= <natanael@megainfo.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with instalation.

                Hello,

                I buy the "The Complete FreeBSD" with FreeBSD 4.0 and I have
problem during installation. My configuration is:

                        AMD 486DX4 at 100 MHz
                        8Mb RAM
                        4.3Gb HD: 2.1 -> Fat32, 2.2 -> FreeBSD.
                        Trident TVga9440 video card with 1Mb.

                I try to install using the boot disks and my CD-ROM. I
choose these options:

                        "Skip Kernel configuration"
                        "Standard Installation"
                        "Use defaults to partitioning and mount points"
like:

                            /               50Mb
                            swap        21Mb
                            /var          20Mb
                            /usr          1727Mb

                During the copy/extraction of packages the computer stops
and no appears a message. When I press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys an error
message shows in my screen: "Write failure on transfer ! (wrote 131072 bytes
of 240640 bytes)". I donīt believe what my HD have problems, because it is
new. I donīt know if the FreeBSD test or format my partition before copy
files to it. I try to set other partition sizes like:

                                21Mb        swap
                                26Mb        /var
                                1812Mb   /

                But the problem persists.