Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 02:29:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   P6DNH Question

Hi Y'all,

-current of tonight, built an SMP kernel, using the SAME configuration as
an UP kernel, except:

options SMP
options APIC_IO

Used to also have

options SMP_TIMER_NC

but this one appears very dead.

Kernel used to boot and run well up to a week ago or so.  Now we are
getting this behavior:

Boots normally up to the point just before mounting files systems.  At
which points it takes a vacation:

changing root device to sd0a
DEVFS:  ready to run
APIC_IO: routing 8254 via 8259 on pin 0
ccd0-63:  concatenated disk drivers

[ Nothing further happens, so we hit ctl-alt-ESC ]

CPU0 stopping CPUs: 0x00000002
  stopped

[ddb trace command yields (approximately)]

Debugger...
scgetc
scintr
Xresume1() at Xresume1 _ 0x2b
---interrupt eip=0xf01ed729 esp=f022dff4 ebp=0
default_halt() at default_halt + 0x01

[ DDB continue command ]

syncing disks...

trap 12
CPU0:  Stopping....
stopped at tsleep+0x1a movl b0(%ebx),%eax
tsleep(f13fb000, 110, f01da601,2710,f01da5ff)

The bit about tsleep comes from the DPT driver.  It does NOT crash like
this on normal boot, only when triggered from a DDB.  I think it is worth
fixing but feel it may be unrelated to the not-booting-but-halting problem.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Simon