Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 12:37:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        ia64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: update to http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ia64.html

--- Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:18:15AM -0700, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> >
> > 1) Add the dmesg(1) output, like the powerpc project.
>
> Oh, ok.

Yeah.  If it is possible, could you pass me the dmesg(1) output of your
current IA-64 system, or whatever that is available to you with the tag
ia64 on it, so I can include it in my sample page (diffed from current
ia64 page).

> > 2) Add TODO List.
>
> I started implementing this by filing PRs. The problem with static lists
> is that they get written once and then completely forgotten. The advantage
> of PRs is that we get weekly reminders, meaning that we will close the
> PR when we finish a task, but also that it's more in our face. I also
> think it's less of an hazzle to file a PR...
>
> We could add a pointer that gives the current outstanding PRs for ia64.

Well, true, PRs seem to be more effient; we can point them to the URL
of the PR web interface, and it would be perfect. cool. :-)

> Sure, anything is helpful. My biggest problem is that I'm basicly a
> docbook illiterate. I think I'll experiment with the easy stuff (ie
> whatever can be copied from others :-)

Leave DocBook to me, I can handle that baby nice and smoothly, including
HTML and family members!. 8)

> It would help if we could come up with a rough layout outline.

Basically, the rough outline from my point would be using the same page
as we have now, and making changes out of it, and then providing you or
any other ia64 related member with the diff(1).  I will start this once
you/others can send me all the stuff which can be put up on the site.

We can also add a history of how the port started off (like sparc64), but
this would take ages I presume as doug and all are very busy people, and
it can be added later on anyway so no rush for that. :-)

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

Hiten.
hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org