Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 02:59:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3.0-packages seem to be out of date.

 * If you install, say, bash along with any recent 3.0-SNAP installation
 * you'll find that it doesn't run, needing libtermcap.so.2.1 among other
 * things.  Where were these packages built?  I think they need a
 * rebuild, to be sure, and we should also look forward to a flood of

That's for sure.  If you check the timestamps, it would have been
pretty obvious.  David O' is still working on his package building
practice.  (I heard he lost a lot of stuff during ampere's reinstall.)

 * complaints (and the need to come up with a suitable workaround) from
 * the 3.0-971006-SNAP CDROM users since the problem is also in the
 * packages directory on that CD. :-(

I didn't know you are putting up packages on snap CDs.  Please don't
pull CDs off the ftp site without asking me first.  There are lots of
"don't sell for profit" kind of stuff up there, haven't I told you so
many times?

Satoshi