Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:50:44 +0200
From:      "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD" <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS problems

Hi y'all
I have just set up my dns server.  While trying to test it with nslookup I
came across a problem.

I issued the command 'nslookup ewok.sunnet.co.za' and the response was:
*** Can't find server name for address 127.0.0.1: Server failed
*** Can't find server name for address 196.25.1.1: Timed out
*** Default servers are not available

The reason why the second server timed out is coz that server is my isp's
and am not yet connected to them by leased line.

My resolv.conf looks like this:
domain  sunnet.co.za
nameserver      127.0.0.1
nameserver      196.25.1.1