Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:07:32 -0600
From:      Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cable modems/slightly off-topic

Charles Henrich wrote:

> On the subject of Re: Cable modems, Terry Lambert stated:
>
> > The rest of us live in the armpit of the telecommunications
> > industry (like US West and TCI cablevision) and we don't have
>
> Hey careful!  I *am* in TCI land, and this TCI is the best cable
> system I've
> ever seen.

I don't think I've laughed this hard in weeks. :-) I have had TCI say
they have not recieved checks they have cashed, apply checks to paid-off
and inactive accounts, and refuse to investigate when they say my checks
have bounced and I was holding the cancelled check in my hand. In the
two years, I have been on the phone to them at least 100 times <no
exaggeration> for things *they* have screwed up, and they never even
apologized. I can think of four people off-hand who have had similar
experiences, and I know of no one but yourself who has ever had a good
thing to say about them. When we moved to another state, and found out
TCI was the cable vendor, and well, we're saving up for a satellite
system. The only reason @home works is because TCI doesn't have much say
in how it's run. :-)

JF