Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 22:14:26 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sig 10/11 problems

 *    Is the problem you're having with specific binaries, and does it always
 * fail? I think you might have a corrupt binary and/or shared library. Except
 * for a shell bug reported by Stephen Hocking, all of the reports I've gotten
 * back have indicated that the patch has gotten rid off all of the sig 10/11
 * flakiness they were experiancing.

They are all X programs, like xterm, xload, etc.  When I start X, the
screen goes gray (so the server is fine), waits there for a while and
then comes back to the console with a whole bunch of messages and a
bunch of *.core files.

This is exactly what I was seeing before.  Other programs (sed and
stuff) have never failed for me.

I don't think it's corrupt binaries and/or shared libraries, because
the same -current system runs fine with an older kernel (dated 8/30)
and also -stable (the X programs/libraries are shared).

 *    Also, can you verify that the revision you're using of ffs_vnops.c is
 * indeed 1.13, please? ...oh, and there were other bugs that have been fixed
 * recently, I assume that you're running -current from within the past day or
 * so?

I haven't done a "make world" since 9/16.  The kernel source is as new
as it can get, I supped the cvs tree and did a cvs update right before
the kernel build (had to take out the one line that Garret duplicated
though).

Satoshi