Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:06:19 +0800
From:      Richard Goh <accel@pacific.net.sg>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, optasia@singapore.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcaudio volume

At 11:35 PM +0800 3/15/98, Randall Hopper wrote:
>Goh:
> |Have been having this problem for a week or so.
> |Searchin thru the archives did not help.
> |In my config,
> |
> |controller snd0
> |device pca0 ......
> |
> |When I cat an audio file to pcaudio, the volume is so low it is drowned
> |by the fan.
>
>Was a particular sound file you've played ever louder on the same machine
>with the same fan installed?
>
>Randall

Thanks.
It was never ever louder, had to put my ears near to the speakers to hear
the music (yamato.au, that's.au etc).
Tried it on two different PCs with the same result.
I can hear the au files perfectly well on my Macintosh so they are not
corrupted or anything like that.

Is there a way to set the volume or any documentation on this. I have tried
the handbook, faq and the archives without much luck.

Thanks for any assistance
Warmest regards,
TH Goh
from Sunny Singapore