Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 21:45:00 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Da Rock <freebsd-emulation@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nss_ldap and the linuxulator

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 00:21:38 +1000 Da Rock
<freebsd-emulation@herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> On 01/03/12 21:24, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Ooops,
> >
> > you are correct that there are no explicit words about ldap, but
> > the underlying issue is the same, you use a non-default nss setup.
> >
> > If the rpm only contains nss ldap stuff, copy an existing linux-xxx
> > port and modify it. Shouldn't be too hard. Just give it a try, and
> > if you hit a problem just ask about it on emulation@. The makefile,
> > pkg-descr and pkg-plist are the important files to have a look at.
> >
> Ok, I'll have a crack at it and get back to you. If I get stuck I'll
> scream for help :)
>
> Once I have something, how do I submit? create a tar.gz file? And
> where?

You can send-pr it (there's also a gtk version of it in ports, if you
prefer some GUI tool). This way any ports committer can have a look at
it.

Alternatively you can provide it on a webpage and bug a/some
committer(s) to download and commit it. Sending a mail to an
appropriate mailinglist could help too, but normally you will get the
response to send-pr it from the mailinglist.

The first way makes sure your contribution is not lost, the second way
works for some people, but they need to find a committer who has time
and interest.

Bye,
Alexander.