Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:10:31 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, smp@freebsd.org, jhb@freebsd.org, dillon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: making malloc(9) smp safe?

Terry Lambert wrote:
> You can get a copy of the original paper:
>
>         "Efficient Kernel Memory Allocation on Shared-Memory
>          Multiprocessors"
>         P.E. McKenney, J. Slingwine
>         Proceedings of Usenix, Winter, 1993 (p295-305).
>
>         http://www.rdrop.com/users/paulmck

PS: I've recently been told that I sometimes appear to be "really
out there", when in my own mind, I've laid out the dots, and done
everything but connect them for the reader with a big, black magic
marker to show them the picture of the pony.  So, in case anyone
missed my subtle irony here...

This paper is hosted on a box at a well known FreeBSD shop, along
with several other important papers in this area, as well as the
home page of the person who is the recognized authority for this
type of thing (Paul McKenney), and he's employed by IBM to work on
improving Linux technology these days.

-- Terry