Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:33:33 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.org, Sergei Kolobov <sergei@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: kern/47451: 5.0 GENERIC(sysinstall CD) locks during boot onProliant ML530

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 12:10 pm, Sergei Kolobov wrote:
>  John,
>
>  I am experiencing the same problem on Compaq Proliant hardware.
>  Please find below a boot log for 5.2.1-RELEASE install CD.
>
>  My hardware configuration is:
>  Compaq Proliant 1600 server
>  BIOS P08 (04/21/1999)
>  Pentium II 400 MHz
>  256M RAM
>  SMART-2DH RAID controller (rev.C, firmware ver.4.50, 16M cache)
>
>  When booting normally (with vidconsole), it fails like this:
>
>  Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0
>  /stand/sysinstall running as init on serial console
>  panic: unknown/reserved trap
>  cpuid = 0

Odd.

>  This is a log I captured via serial console. It got slightly further - up
> to the main sysinstall screen, but locked after that - no selection can be
> made.
>
>  I would appreciate any help resolving this issue. I have several similar
> servers and wanted to install 5.2.1 on all of them.
>
>  Please let me know if you need any additional info.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Sergei
>
>  uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0-0x1f at device
> 20.2 on pci0 pcib0: unable to route slot 20 INTD
>  uhci0: Could not allocate irq
>  device_probe_and_attach: uhci0 attach returned 6

This might be indicative of the problem.  Can you try the following tweaks to
the BIOS setup:

1) Ensure that PnP OS is set to "no"
2) If there are settings related to the MPTable that say something like "full
table" or "shortened table" try using the "full table" option.
3) Enable USB in the BIOS if it is disabled.