Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:18:54 -0200
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        chflags@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_security2 rules

--------------enigED671C1D77B208DC4D0A85B8

Kevin Foo wrote:
> Hi Marcelo,
>
> I have recently csup'ed my ports tree and upgraded my box. Portupgrade
> completed without any problem. Later, I discovered that all my
> mod_security2 rules (which are the modified of default core rules)
> were replaced without my knowledge. Luckily, I still have decent
> backup of those rules.
>
> I'm not sure if it is proper for a port to upgrade config files by
> overwriting them even though the checksums are bad? Is this a bug?
>
> P/S : Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to ports@.
>
> --=20
> Regards
> Kevin Foo=20
Hey dear Kevin,

The change to version 2 of mod_security is a dramatic change, because
exist a need to completely rewrite their obsolete rules for ability to
use the new syntax.
I search but not find in UPDATE files any references about this, I
believe I forgot this.

Thanks about the alert, I will take the providences!

Best Regards,

--=20
Marcelo Araujo            (__)
araujo@FreeBSD.org     \\\'',)