Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:33:09 -0500
From:      "Mark Van Orman" <mark@icsaccess.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports: jdk13 vs diablo-jdk13

    Thanks Michael.

    It's really impractical that they have it this way. A lot of the java
ports are dependent on the diablo-jdk port and not the vanilla jdk. Now that
I've already installed the vanilla jdk I'll have to also install the diablo
port. The vanilla jdk I installed is 14, so all ports will actually use the
older (1.3) diablo implementation if I do install it.

     Is there a way to make the ports use the  vanilla 1.4 implementation
instead of the diablo 1.3 now that I have it installed?

Regards and thanks,

Mark Van Orman
mark@icsaccess.com