Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:43:48 +0100
From:      Matus Harvan <mharvan@inf.ethz.ch>
To:        "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Subject:   Re: icmp echo_user

--Km1U/tdNT/EmXiR1

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:47:09AM +0100, Matus Harvan wrote:
[...]
> In case icmpechouser is enabled
>=20
> * should the packet be dropped if it was multicast/broadcast and
>   icmpbcastecho is disabled?
>=20
>   I guess yes.

Thinking about this again, I think the bmcastecho meaning is about
generating repleis rather than receiving requests. From icmp(4):
     bmcastecho      (boolean) Enable/disable ICMP replies received via bro=
ad-
                     cast or multicast.  Defaults to false.

Hence, I don't think that the packet should be dropped even if
icmpbcastecho is disabled.

Hence, I think it would be OK to keep the 'goto raw' at the beginning
(as it was in the patch I have sent) rather than moving it down to the
'goto reflect'.

Matus

--Km1U/tdNT/EmXiR1

--Km1U/tdNT/EmXiR1--