Date:      Sat, 05 Feb 2022 15:08:17 +0000
From:      "Dave Cottlehuber" <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dragonfly Mail Agent (dma) in the base system

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022, at 21:34, Ed Maste wrote:
> The Dragonfly Mail Agent (dma) is a small Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
> which accepts mail from a local Mail User Agent (MUA) and delivers it
> locally or to a smarthost for delivery. dma does not accept inbound
> mail (i.e., it does not listen on port 25) and is not intended to
> provide the same functionality as a full MTA like postfix or sendmail.
> It is intended for use cases such as delivering cron(8) mail.
>
> Since 2014 we have a copy of dma in the base system available as an
> optional component, enabled via the WITH_DMAGENT src.conf knob.

Yes please.

I've used both the one in base, and also from ports, for many years,
on both hobby / home desktops, and also in production.

The base one has occasionally gotten wedged, and backed up processes from
periodic. I don't recall seeing this with the one from ports, nor do I
recall seeing it recently in the last year.

If I get a repeat, I'll add a PR rather than this anecdotal info.

A+
Dave