Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 1995 12:36:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: schg flag on make world in -CURRENT

On Thu, 2 Nov 1995, Garrett A. Wollman wrote:

> <<On Thu, 2 Nov 1995 00:40:51 -0800 (PST), -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV> said:
>
> > 	Does anyone know why the make world in the 11/1/95 -CURRENT keeps
> > making many binaries with the schg flag and then when I do a make world,
> > it will not overwrite the files since it can't delete the file?  Thanks!
>
> Because your kernel is in secure mode.  You can't do a `make world' in
> secure mode.  See init(8) and the definition of `securelevel' in
> kern/kern_sysctl.c.

	Hmmm, Terry told me that this was defined in /etc/rc but I looked
and it wasn't defined but if it was in kern/kern_sysctl.c, wouldn't a new
sup just overwrite the file again?  Is there a simple way to get out of
secure mode before doing a make world?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin