Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 15:09:09 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPX

> yes please!
>and I'd like to know whether this fits in with what dennis was saying they had
>there..
>dennis?

It doesn't seem likely that there would be much inter-operability. Our
router product is
embedded in our kernel driver and does RIP and SAP in the kernel (no
daemons). There is an internal
routing table and separate utilities (we haven't hacked any FreeBSD stuff)
that can be used
to display and manage the tables. We use a simple filter (about 3 lines of
code have to be added
to any ethernet driver) that passes packets to our driver. Its designed to
be an autonomous system,
not something to be permanently included in the system.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25