Date:      Sat, 05 Jun 1999 10:13:43 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb-freebsd@gba.oz.au>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12

sthaug@nethelp.no writes:

> > "David E. Cross" writes:
> >
> > >                 fd=open(argv[1], O_CREAT, 600);
> >
> > Since this opens the file so that it cannot be written to, not
> > to mention the really weird mode it will get if it's created by
> > that open(), the rest of the thing doesn't deserve to work.
>
> That may be the case, but it shouldn't panic the machine.

I did not suggest that it was a likely cause of the panic.  I
said that it's a fair thing for people who provide test code to
at least make it correct so that other people don't have to
waste their time on irrelevant issues.  Of course, if it is the
broken test code that provokes a panic, that should be stated up
front as part of the test case.

--
Greg Black -- <gjb@acm.org>