Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:28:15 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Media Magic ISP 16

Hi!

Recently, I was trying to put up ${SUBJ} sound card under FreeBSD.
Without any luck, as you might guess :-(  I've searched the mail
acrchives, and even contacted one of those people who seemed to be
fighting with this beast, still, the guy said, he never was able to fire
it up.

What I've actually done was:

1). Tried to use standard VoxWare drivers, this approach didn't work (the
card wasn't even detected)

2). The situation changed quite a bit after incluing this in kernel
config:

# Sound card support
device pcm0	at isa? port? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

When I booted with new kernel, my dmesg output was:

mss_attach <mss> 0 at 0x530 irw 5 dma 1:5 flags 0x9115

aumix worked (I even was able to hear ascending/descending noise in
speakers while changing mixer channels levels), but issuing splay
/tmp/02.mp3 only yielded loud noise for half a second, and then silence.

Anyone?  I would appreciate any information regarding this subject.

Cheers,

/* Alexey N. Dokuchaev, more commonly   |                                    */
/* known as DAN Fe                      | email: danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru       */
/*                                      | ICQ UIN: 38934845                  */
/* Novosibirsk State University         | hp: http://inet.ssc.nsu.ru/~danfe/ */
/* Scientific Study Center Computer Lab |                                    */

A good conspiracy is unprovable.  I mean, if you can prove it, it means they
screwed up somewhere along the line.

					Jerry Fletcher from Conspiracy Theory