Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:17:19 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new all-time traffic record on wcarchive

>On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, David Greenman wrote:
>
>> >   We set a new all-time one day traffic record on wcarchive yesterday. The
>> >stats are attached. Note that the numbers would have been even higher (by
>> >about 4GB) had a drive not failed and killed the machine an hour before the
>> >log rotation/stats generation.
>>
>>    Other miscellaneous info: The old record was 115GB and was set on August
>> 10th, 1996. This new record of 142.8GB beats out the old one by nearly 25%.
>>
>> -DG
>>
>> David Greenman
>> Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project
>>

>And don't ignore tha fact that the highest byte count goes to FreeBSD for
>the day.  Linux had more hits, FreeBSD had more actual ftp's.  :)

   We actually beat them by a fair margin almost every day. ...but WC only
distributes a small number of the various Linux distributions, so I'm not
sure you can really use this fact as any sort of metric. On the other hand,
the situation wasn't always this way - Linux used to beat us out much of
the time, so I'd say that this trend does indicate that we are at least
catching up.

-DG

David Greenman