Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:31:02 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apm vs apmconf

Mike Smith writes:
    > OK.  I'm putting some finishing touches on some APM 1.2
    > enhancements to FreeBSD....

    BTW, thanks for attacking this!

"Me too"!  I have been meaning to ask about this, in fact.  I have
been having problems with my laptop suspending itself even though
auto-suspend is turned off in the BIOS, and I think it's Windows' fault
for diddling with the APM setup.  Given the necessary infrastructure,
it seems like I should be able to make the additions to control suspend
(assuming they are not already there).

    >   o should I commit well tested portions of this work, or wait for
    >   all pieces to in place first?

    Bring them in as soon as you think they're ready.  A series of
    staggered commits is easier to back forwards/back through.

Committing also has the advantage that you might get some assistance
from people with itchy fingers....

    BTW, have you tried the VM86 connect code I committed?

Yeah, yeah, I still have to wade through two weeks of commits and
-current mail.... (-: