Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:56:27 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New to the list

[some snippage]

Ken Seggerman wrote:

> Hello everybody:

	Welcome. :)

> So freebsd-questions is just for technical questions relating to FreeBSD,
> and this is for everything else such as the frustrations and triumphs of
> the FreeBSD learning curve.

	Basically, that's how things are.

> First of all, I am really impressed with the dedication and quality of
> expertise shown by those who answer the questions in freebsd-questions.

	May I suggest then that you post briefly to that effect on
freebsd-questions?  There are some who have attacked various elements of
how things happen on -questions lately, and although there are problems
that need to be addressed it is always useful (and uplifting :) to hear
words of praise for the things that go well.

> I am overwhelmed by the volume of the mail I receive from the
> freebsd-questions list. I now have it filtered into its own mailbox, which
> I can empty from time to time. I barely have the time to read the titles
> of everything that comes in before deleting. I still feel that I might be
> missing something that I might be able to use later.

	One of my main sources for learning about freebsd was reading
-questions and trying the stuff that people suggested. As you learn more
about the system you will more easily recognize the things that might be
relevant or useful to you and the things that you can easily ignore.

> I suppose I can always ask for help when I need it.

	Of course. :)

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet