Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:48:59 +0100
From:      Dick Middleton <dick@lingbrae.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie fankle

I was playing with my new NanoPi-Neo and noticed there was a FreeBSD image
available for it so I thought I'd try it.

So I got to the point where I needed to install an editor so I did:

pkg update
pkg install zile

which all went OK but now whenever I run pkg it reports:

/lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.5 required by /usr/local/lib/libpkg.so.3 not found

Googling I found:

 https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pkgbase/2016-October.txt

which is the same problem.  However I can't find how to fix the problem. I'm
guessing I have to upgrade some base libraries but I've no idea how.

There's a thing call pkg-static which works so it's still possible to install
packages.

Can anybody help me

Thanks

Dick