Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:47:19 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X on RPI2 - which driver

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:40:01AM +0100, John wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:49:38AM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > On 09/10/15 11:45, John wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > Which xorg drivers work on the rpi2? X -configure just shows vesa
> > > however I've not installed dbus/hal yet.
> >
> > I think you can use:
> >
> > xf86-video-scfb
>
> Thanks for that, I'll try it when hal and friends finish installing.

No dice, I get the following from X -configure

root@potato:~ # X -configure

X.Org X Server 1.14.7
Release Date: 2014-06-05
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT arm
Current Operating System: FreeBSD potato.growveg.org 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT
#0 r286947: Wed Aug 19 18:04:27 MDT 2015     brd@hive.den.so14k.com:/usr/local/raspbsd
/obj/RPI2/obj/arm.armv6/usr/local/raspbsd/src/RPI2/sys/RPI2 arm

Build Date: 09 September 2015  09:44:10PM

Current version of pixman: 0.32.6
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Thu Sep 10 15:36:17 2015
List of video drivers:
        scfb
        fbdev
        vesa
scfb trace: probe start
No devices to configure.  Configuration failed.
(EE) Server terminated with error (2). Closing log file.

I'm not sure where to start given it didn't even write a config!

thanks,
--
John