Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:32:26 -0700
From:      "Balaji, Pavan" <pavan.balaji@intel.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Library functions

I was having some problem adding a new library call in FreeBSD. I added a
simple library function in /usr/src/lib/libc/net and did a "make buildworld"
on /usr/src. It compiled properly, but I'm not able to use the library call
in my programs. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the file added to /usr/src/lib/libc/net:
------
mycall.c:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <net/mycall.h>

int
mycall (a)
{
	return (a);
}

-------
mycall.h (Added to /usr/include/net/)

#ifndef _NET_MYCALL_H_
#define _NET_MYCALL_H_

int mycall __P((int));

#endif

--------

On compilation the user program says: undefined reference to 'mycall'

Pavan Balaji,
CIS Graduate Student,
Ohio State University

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect... It just means that
you have decided to see beyond the imperfections"  --  Rash