Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 08:59:08 +0500
From:      Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com (Jerry Kendall)
To:        dennis@etinc.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium Motherboards

> Any recommendations or known FreeBSD problems with the following
> MBs/Chipsets with a 100Mhz Pentium:
>
> AP5CS   SIS Chipset
> AP5C      TRITON chipset
> P130       TRITON with Pipeline Cache
>

> Thanks
>
> Dennis

I just recently upgraded my mother board/video  to:

	Acer Open AP5C with TRITON chipset at 75MHz.
	ATI Mach 32 PCI with 1 Meg DRAM.

	I am running FreeBSD 2.0.5R.

Am pleased to say, IT WORKS GREAT!!!!!

At the office(where this message is coming from), I develop on
a SparcServer 1000 with 4(count em, 4) processors. about 30 users and
256 Meg of RAM. I get very good response.

My Pentium at home gets even better response. Now I do my personal
development at home. feels good to boast at work that my HOME system
appears to give better performance. Of course, being the only one
on the system DOES have a little to do with it.

BUT, it IS the users perspective of repsonse time that counts.

AM I RIGHT ?????
AM I RIGHT ?????

Jerry