Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:23:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sondre_R=F8njom?= <s1465@lstud.ii.uib.no>
To:        Steve Coile <scoile@nandomedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "truss man" doesn't show *anything*

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Steve Coile wrote:

> I've just installed a new software package that includes manual pages.
> When I try to read the pages with "man -M <path> <page>", I'm told the
> manual page doesn't exist.  When I use "truss man -M <path> <page>",
> truss generates *NO* output.  Is that normal?

have you tried 'man truss'. Should be no magic there. I'm not sure of what
you expect 'truss man -M <path> <page>' to do for you, but I'm quite sure
you are twisting things around here. If truss manual page has been
correctly installed you should be able to read the man page with 'man
truss'. 'truss -help' would probably give you the closest to your 'truss
man -M <path> <page>'. But maybe I don't know what the heck I'm talking
about :)

/sondre