Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:37:38 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        tw@ettnet.se
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gui editor

At the risk of provoking an editor-war (which I *don't* want), I'll
suggest 'vi'.  There are several different strains of vi around the
place, including nvi, vim, and elvis. The stock FreeBSD 'vi' is nvi,
which is just plain dandy for simple editing.

Check out   'man  vi'    for a bit of information on it. There is also
documentation in /usr/share/doc/usd/12.vi and /usr/share/doc/usd/13.viref
that you might like to look at.

Also, there is the ports collection, which contains many different editors.
There is bound to be one in there that suits your purpose.

Regards,

Mike