Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 07:43:14 -0700
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg@cableco-op.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jwg@netbox.com
Subject:   mutt and color

I have been trying to get mutt to work in color.  'mc' the
midnight commander app works fine in color so I looked to the app.

The archives suggest checking if mutt was compiled with color and
setting the TERM variable.

% mutt -v|grep COLOR
+USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_RX  +HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_PGP5  -BUFFY_SIZE

% setenv TERM xterm-color

Running 2.2.6
There is no .muttrc file in my home directory.  I tried to
use the sample one provided in the doc file but its use
resulted in many error messages saying that the colors did  not
exist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff