Date:      Fri, 06 May 2011 10:35:30 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS pool lost

Quoting Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.org> (from Thu, 05 May 2011 13:04:59 +0200):

> Sorry for the follow-up to my own posting, but I noticed, that I left
> out significant
> information.
>
> The system is an Athlon64 (X2, but was running with SMP disabled at the
> time) in
> 32 bit mode (i386) with 4GB RAM running 8-STABLE in a ZFS only configuration
> (one UFS partition was mounted but not accessed; it contains an
> emergency system
> which allows me to boot the exact kernel and access /rescue in exactly
> the version that
> was installed on ZFS). The panic occurs under 8-STABLE/i386 and with
> identical
> message when booting a -CURRENT live file-system from CD.

The current is from which date? If it is one without zfs v28, please
try one with zfs v28 (if you want to have a 8.2-release with v28
patched in: http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/).

Maybe the problem is fixed in v28. If the import/export into v28 (it
does not updeate the pool automatically, and updating the pool
manually is not necessary) and a reimport into v15 does not solve the
issue, you could try a "import -F" on v28 and then export + reimport
in v15.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
BOFH excuse #176:

vapors from evaporating sticky-note adhesives