Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:27:07 +0100
From:      Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buildworld failure on stable

On Aug 26 13:10, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
>> >Hardware error or memory exhausted
>>
>> It does appear to be something along those lines. It's not memory
>> exhaustion as it has around 2GB free at the point it fails. However I've
>> deleted /usr/obj and started the buildworld again and it failed in a
>> different place with the same error. I'm trying it again without -j4 to
>> see what happens. But isn't looking too good. :(
>
>Look like hardware error.
>RAM/CPU/MB

Interestingly it *always* manages to succesfully compile clang etc and
it has no issues compiling things from ports. It fails compiling
something from lib like openssl or kerberos.  Doesn't buildworld build a
bootstrap version of clang and then use that version to compile the rest
of it? I might try downgrading my sources back to the version that I
last succesfully compiled just to prove it one way or the other to
myself.

--
Matt