Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 1995 23:47:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        andreas@knobel.gun.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-stable of today: typo in /sys/sys/queue.h line 150:

> >After supping src-sys-stable on Mon Sep 18 20:22:13 MET DST 1995:
> >Found a wrong control character in /sys/sys/queue.h
> >the #define in line 145
> >#define TAILQ_INSERT_TAIL(head, elm, field) {
> >Instead of 'h' there was a control character.
>
>    This appears to be a problem local to your own machine. The file on
> freefall is correct.

This was the beginning of the end ... more and more files, that
I compiled on my -stable machine got control characters and
cc got problems with sig 11 exceptions.

So I deceided to install 2.0.5R again and only to fetch
the -stable kernel....

Up to now recompiling of the whole system (make world) only
brought problems. Leds to an broken gcc.

--
Andreas Klemm       You have lpd and need an intelligent print filter ?!!
                    Ok, this might help: "apsfilter ... irgendwie clever"