Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:37:29 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: target driver question

> When this driver receives a CDB, it needs to save away some information
> specific to that IO for later use in the CONT_TARGET_IO phase.

Can you explain what type of data this is?

The two other drivers that perform target mode in FreeBSD do not require
any data other than the init_id and tag_id to be "round-tripped" through
the target emulator.  I would rather not have the target emulator touch *any*
of the private data or to see a SIM driver rely on anything other than the
standard fields in the CTIO.  If this is absolutely necessary, we can
add a way to refer to the ATIO from the CTIO since the ATIO lifetime
is the lifetime of the SCSI transaction being serviced.

--
Justin