Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:47:55 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Bob Ababurko <ababurko@adelphia.net>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3beta2

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 01:13:00PM -0400, Bob Ababurko wrote:

>   I am not sure if this is fit for this list but we'll soon find
> out......  I just installed 5.3 beta2 on my Ultra2 and I am not able to log
> into the box remotely via ssh.  I am trying to log in with a user that I
> created, eg. not root.  What I get is:
>
> "unable to authenticate using any of the configured authentication methods"
>
>   The reason that I post this hdere is because before the system comes up,
> there was a screen asking for random characters to be typed in.  This is
> where the prob;em may be as I left the console before that happened and
> that event timed out.  This is the only thing that I can think of.  I have
> checked the config of sshd and it looks the same as the rest of my others.
>   Maybe this has happened to someone else out there....i hope!  ANy help
> will be much appreciated.

What client are you trying to connect from?  We see similar issues here
when students try to connect using old/out-dated SSH client software
running on their PC's.  Having them update it to something more recent
usually gets rid of this problem.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu