Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:27:41 -0400
From:      budsz <budsan02@bdg.centrin.net.id>
To:        Jimot Purnomo <g_mot@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: networking

Pada hari Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:25:48AM -0700, Jimot Purnomo menulis:
> Hi,
>
> I have 3 computers on my network.
>
> 1. linux
> 2. freebsd 4.2
> 3. microsoft windows.
>
> from freebsd, i could ping linux machine. so does
> linux to freebsd.
>
> from freebsd, i couldn't ping my router and my
> microsft windows.
>
> do you know what is the possible problem and solution

	Well, first u must check again table of ur network with
	#netstat -rn , at /etc/hosts u must define ur clien ex:
	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx		yyy.com		# linux
	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx		yyy.com		# windows
	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx		yyy.com		# freebie
	please check /etc/rc.conf in the options ur ethernet device
	and ip_adderess , finally check #ifconfig -a

--
budsz