Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 08:18:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Richard W. Gross" <richg@beachnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting error

I'm getting this error upon rebooting:

Nov 8 08:21:23 init: can't exec /bin/sh for /etc/rc: No such file or
directory
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

--
Well I know enough that it can't find the shell.  But before I rebooted,
I types ALT-F4 and check around the drives, and the bin directory is there,

I'm missing a step and haven't found it in the hardware FAQ...
I could sure use some help.  Thank you.
						richg

Richard W. Gross                  |              voice 310-823-3308
BeachNet Internet Access          |                fax 310-823-1390
E-mail sales: sales@beachnet.com  |         http://www.beachnet.com
richg@beachnet.com                | Dialup PPP/USR v.34 locked 115k