Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:36:14 +0200
From:      Dirk GOUDERS <hank@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why don't I get the tutorials with the DOC distribution?

Nik,

 > The primer is in the books/ directory in the CVS tree.
 >
 > >  > However, note that the FTP directory above also contains the
 > >  > documentation
 > >  > in FreeBSD package format, so you can use the pkg_* commands
 > >  > to add them, update them, and so on.
 > >
 > > Again, I cannot find docproj-primer* there.
 >
 > I'm not online at the moment.  I'll get back to you on that.

in case you missed the reply from Eric Ogren, he already helped me to
solve my problem.  What I didn't catch by myself was that the
directory docproj-primer has been moved to another directory (books)
and been renamed to fdp-primer.  Given that info I was able to find
anything I wanted under

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/fdp-primer/

I don't want to make excuses, but maybe the thing that misleaded me
was the fact that the name of the directory on the web site is still
docproj-primer:

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/book.html

Dirk