Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 2002 09:55:43 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need to use a different INDEX for 5.0

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 03:04:50PM +0200, Jeremy Lea wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 07:40:08PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> I'm going to add a /usr/ports/INDEX-5
>
>This might also help...

Umm, what about also checking the environment first for PORTS_INDEX,
which is used by portsdb in the portupgrade package?

In reality, you need to parse (ruby program) the portupgrade config
file if it exists, and get the value of PORTS_INDEX from there, and
only if it doesn't exist (it will) use your default values.

The "make search" code needs to do this too .... hehehe.
--
Alan Eldridge
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, seeking new employment.