Date:      16 Jul 2003 21:59:46 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Input text not using full expanse of composer page

Hello,

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 21:55, Pav Lucistnik wrote:

> > > It's wrapping at 80 columns, as every well behaved mailer.
> > > It's neither bug nor deficiency.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > I figured on this, however with the *default* size of the composer
> > window, for me when composing, it appears that just over half of the
> > space taken up by the whole window on my desktop (1280 x 1024) is
> > under-utilized.
> >
> > I know what "well-behaved" mailers are meant to do, however this just
> > looks weird to me - and I'm almost certain that there's something not
> > quite right here.
> >
> > Let me know if its okay to send a screen capture to display to you what
> > I'm experiencing here.
>
> Hi again,
>
> I have exact opposite problem - my compose window is smaller than text
> i'm writing. I don't think that Evolution currently remember size of
> compose window.
>
> Anyway, this have nothing to do with FreeBSD ports, as it's not FreeBSD
> specific (I think). You should contact Ximian people instead, maybe
> filing wish / "feature suggestion" ticket in their Bugzilla would help.

Hmm.., at the end of the day, I suppose you are right on this matter..,

For me, I am not actually able to reduce the horizontal width of the
composer window past its currently set size here.., even though I can
make it as wide as the 21" screen!

I'll see what they say at bugzilla.., Thanks for your time, by the
way..,

Regards,

Stacey

--