Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:54:08 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        yoav@bnt.co.il, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Win98 & Fat32

On Tue, 08 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, yoav@bnt.co.il wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I install FreeBSD on a FAT32 disk (10gb) with Win98, or do I need to
> split the disk?
>
> Thanks

You'll need to split the disk into two partitions. There's a program
located here: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/ called
fips.exe. This will allow you to split your drive without losing your
existing data (You do make backups, don't you?). Just be sure to
follow the directions in fips.doc, it's fairly comprehensive.

 --
Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
If you were wondering, the answer is 42.