Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:30:58 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        "Jonel Rienton" <jmr@freebsduser.org>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MFC of ahc driver updates (long-ish)

>Justin,
>
>it didn't get hit.

Hmm.  I haven't been able to reproduce this here on any of the
Seagate drives I have access to.  Many of them are U160 Cheetahs,
but not the exact same model you have.  One thing that might help
me is a dump of the message buffers in two places:

1) aic7xxx.c: ahc_contstruct_ppr().  After the message is constructed,
   printout the contents:

	ahc->msgout_len += 8;
	printf("Constructed PPR Message: ");
	for (i = 0; i < ahc->msgout_len; i++)
		printf("%c ", ahc->msgout_buf[i]);

	printf("\n");

2) aic7xxx.c: ahc_parse_msg().  In the MSG_EXT_PPR case just after we've
   pulled in all bytes:

	if (ahc->msgin_index < (MSG_EXT_PRR_LEN + 1)
		break;

	printf("Incoming PPR Message: ");
	for (i = 0; i <= ahc->msgin_index; i++)
		printf("%c ", ahc->msgin_buf[i]);