Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:25:55 +0200
From:      thrawn@linux.nu (Mattias Björk)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD boot manager problem

Hi,

I have installed a FreeBSD on box with a 70 gb raid array. It works perfectly,
I get no errors when I run the install and the when the installtion is finished
I reboot the system.

I get to the boot manager after the bios of my computer and scsi cards have probed my computer,
And get a menu with this

F1 FreeBSD
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 1

But it does boot anything, If i press F1 & F2 it only beeps at me. I can press
any key and still beeps at me. I can press F5 however, then i get menu:

F1 FreeBSD
F2 Drive 2

If I then press F2 nothing happens except that it prints out a new line with the
crussor blinking.

If I press F5 and wait some seconds I get:

Invalid partition
Invalid partition
No /boot/loader

>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader
boot:
Invalid partition
No /kernel

>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader
boot:

My root partion on the raid array is amrd0s0a if im not dead wrong so it think
somehow my bootloader try to use ad1a as my root partion, am I right?

Any help will be partiated

Mvh Mattias Björk