Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 04:50:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject:   Re: Disks moved around -- can't boot -- help!!!

When you boot in single user mode, / gets mounted read only originally.
when you type mount / assuming theres no problems, it remounts it in
read-write mode.  Generally this will fail if the file system is not
clean.
so fsck -p will mark it as clean and clean it.

booting /kernel.GENERIC well thats a bit of stretch I don't know what I
was thinking there.

Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8) philip@p6m7g8.com 301.314.3445

Science, Discovery, & the Universe
	Webmaster