Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:04:59 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@despammed.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, Chris Landauer <cal@rushe.aero.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: thanx for dual boot help, problem not yet solved

At 14:48 2002/03/01 -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:

>>actually, i just checked and there doesn't seem to be any boot.ini file on my
>>windows machine either, according to the search function - in any case, i
>>always make all of my hidden files visible by default, but i didn't see an
>>option not to search for hidden files, so i assume that if the file were
>>there, then the windows search would have found it (the system is windows
>>2000
>>professional, which is apparently some kind of nt-based system.

It's a little trickier in Win2k---aside from making hidden files visible,
there's another thing underneath about hiding protected operating system
files which has to be unchecked--you're not the first person who has missed
that.   (Also, as you almost certainly already know, in Win2k it's under
tools, folder options, view)

HTH
Scott Robbins