Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 08:26:49 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Bill Barnes <bbarnes@operamail.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Updating tkdesk via ftp

Bill Barnes wrote:

> Hello list:
>
> I am following the examples on page 114 of The Complete FreeBSD.
> Therein is a list of the databases category and what purports to be a zip of
> the contents of xmbase-grok via the command 'get xmbase-grok.tar.gz'
>
> In my case the directory of /pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports-current/x11-fm has an
> entry for tkdesk but the command 'get tkdesk.tar.gz' says
>    no such file OR directory
>
> The first time i used 'get tkdesk-1.2.tar.gz' and the system copied that file
> to my /root directory.

YOu do not have to fetch the file manually. make knows how to do this
for you. Just make sure you are connected to the 'net, then

% cd /usr/ports/you/want
% su -
% make all install clean

> Now what should I do to get an installation?  And this is an easy one.  My
> next target is postgresql_7.0.2-2

make knows how to get this one, too. The installation is almost
automatic, just use the commands as above.

> Thanks for help
> Bill Barnes

You're welcome
-Christoph Sold