Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 08:03:39 -0800
From:      "jfesler@calweb.com" <jflists@calweb.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reverse DNS not all bad

At 10:51 PM 11/28/97 +1000, you wrote:
>It's really quite tricky to get around this sort of problem.  As anti-spam
>measures are taken up by people with less and less experience I expect more
>of this.  Oops, that looks like a sly dig.  You know what I mean, I hope.

It's specifically this reason that the filters I wrote here (front-ends to
sendmail, sorry, not sendmail.cf rules) specically permit mail to
postmaster, even when normally mail would be refused otherwise.  Error
messages also refer to sendmail "postmaster" email.

I would *think* that sendmail rules could also be  written to  permit
mail for  postmaster for domain level MAIL FROM:/RCPT TO: blocks, but I'm
not a  sendmail wizard.

--
Jason Fesler  jfesler@calweb.com   'whois jf319'     | When the chips are down
Admin, CalWeb Internet Services   www.calweb.com     | The buffalo's empty