Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:34:27 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yongcong Du <ycdu.vmcore@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>, netchild@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [gsoc2012] Port NetBSD's UDF implementation

on 05/04/2012 09:07 Pedro Giffuni said the following:
> Hi YongCon;
>
> The project would be very interesting for us. I am pretty sure you will
> not have problems finding a mentor.
>
> That said, let me point out an old thread:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-May/042565.html
>
> I think the biggest problem is that you will have to get acquainted
> with FreeBSD's Virtual Memory which is different from NetBSD's.
> In that same thread you will find some comments by Matt Dillon
> (no idea how up to date those are).
>
> It will not be an easy task but people find such challenges very
> rewarding.

Yongcong,

please note that we have already got proposals from two other students for this
project.  I haven't expected this project to get so popular after sitting
unnoticed for a few years.  To increase your chances of getting accepted, it
might be a good idea to consider another project.

--
Andriy Gapon