Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:28:05 +0300
From:      "Victor Poriazov" <victor@cablebg.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   usbd does not detect USB mouse at startup

Hello,
I have recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 and I'm having prbolems with usbd not
detecting my Logitech USB optic wheel mouse at startup.(the mouse is plugged
in.) However, usbd detects the mouse if I plug it in after the system
startup and runs moused and there are no problems at all.
Here is what i have in my rc.conf:
============
moused_enable="NO"
moused_type="auto"
usbd_enable="YES"
============
and here is what dmesg shows about the usb devices:
============
uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd400-0xd41f irq 10 at device 7.2
on pci0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub chan 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
Strangely, I have ums0 compiled into the kernel ( I'm using the generic
kernel) and ums0 is not initialised when the kernel loads.

Any suggestions what to do to get the mouse initialise at startup?

Thank you in advance,
Victor Poriazov