Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:08:39 +0200
From:      Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -STABLE was stable for long time (Re: FreeBSD: Server or Desktop  OS?)

Ceri Davies wrote:

> Also, to those suggesting that Marc should be running -RELEASE anyway, consider
> that bugs found in a -RELEASE typically have even less chance of getting fixed
> than bugs found in -STABLE (because only "critical" bugfixes are allowed).
>
> Ceri

OK, I am confused here. I was planning on setting up a production server and after
reading all your messages, it still isn't clear to me weather it is going to be
-STABLE or -RELEASE. Chances are -RELEASE of course but if a bug is found (rare
most likely but still possible) and isn't committed fast enough, isn't this a big
problem for a production server?

Lefteris